With over 700,000 apps in Apple’s App Store, I have only reviewed or used a fraction of what’s available. There are apps I love and some that I found to be poorly designed and useless. Those are the ones I quickly deleted!
Here is a short list of apps I depend upon in both my personal and business life:
- Google Search (free) – Rather than accessing the web to search through Safari, it’s much faster to go straight to Google.
- Groceries ($ .99) – This is a great grocery/drugstore shopping list app. You can create custom weekly lists and even “train” the app to show your needed items in the same arrangement as your favorite grocery stores. It comes preloaded with thousands of name brand and generic grocery and drugstore items and you can add items to this database. Well worth the price! Update: This app is no longer available.
- JotNot Scanner Pro ($ .99) – With this app, you can scan any piece of paper or set of papers as pdf files. Then you can save those files to the cloud, email them, print or fax them (minimal charge per fax). I use it primarily to scan and digitally store paid invoices and to scan and email documents anywhere, anytime. More info.
- YouTube (free) – I expect everyone is familiar with YouTube, which is now owned by Google. With the YouTube app, you can watch news, music or entertainment videos. There are also free tutorial videos on just about any topic you can imagine.
- Flashlight ($ .99) – There are lots of flashlight apps and they are very similar. This one is highly rated and I chose the paid version so that I don’t get any ads. Just a simple flashlight. More info.
What are your favorite iPhone or iPad apps? Share with everyone in the comments below!