Liberate Your Time is a site devoted to helping baby boomers and others keep up with and use technology to make life easier, save time and have fun with it!
I am a baby boomer, which actually says a lot about me. The first calculated career decision I ever made was to major in Computer Science at Georgia Tech in 1977. It was hard as h***, but gave me an incredible education in solving problems with technology.
My first job out of college was in computer sales for Hewlett-Packard. It was an exciting company to work for in the early 1980s. When I got tired of traveling and selling in that job, I worked as a software designer/programmer for one of the now-obsolete BellSouth companies.
I stopped formally working to raise a family but continued to keep up with technology by writing software for my husband’s small business. In the mid 2000s, I developed a small residential subdivision and became a licensed Realtor.
I’m a problem solver. I “see” holes or gaps in processes or methods. I love filling those holes to make things, jobs, tasks … basically, every part of my life … run as efficiently as possible. I consider myself an efficiency engineer. The benefit, for me AND for you is that by not wasting time on the mundane, there is a lot more time for what’s fun or enjoyable.
I love helping you liberate your life by learning to use your own devices to save time, reduce frustration and enjoy the freedom. And this may be the most important thing – you’ll impress your kids with your tech savviness!
Quick Facts and Idiosyncrasies
- I love shortcuts, but I never cut corners.
- I can get easily sucked into reading blogs online for hours.
- It thrills me when I can pull through a parking spot at the grocery store. You know what I mean! Don’t you love driving straight out instead of backing up?
- I hate stupid rules.
- I’m a southerner.
- I would rather pull my toenails out than place a phone call to a customer service center (especially AT&T).
- I’ve been married for over 30 years. My husband and I are having more fun together now than ever before!
- I’m the mother of three fabulous young adults. They make my heart sing.