We buy these fantastically powerful and useful electronic devices because we’ve seen or heard that they will be easy to use and save us time. We also know that keeping up with technology is important – both professionally and socially.
The reality is that we feel overwhelmed and inadequately educated for using our iPhones and iPads in the ways we want to use them. Or we learn a new tip and forget it!
Thanks to those of you who responded to my iPhone/iPad survey in April, I now know the areas where many of you have struggled to use your iPhones and iPads easily and without frustration. To help those of you who would like to learn how to use your devices with ease and confidence in a safe, friendly environment, I’ve created the iPhone/iPad Liberation class for you.
I will be teaching the class Tuesday, May 28 from 8:30 to 2:00 pm in a private room at the Hendersonville Country Club. The class size is limited to 10 participants so that I can give you as much individual help as possible, so please sign up ASAP. The price for the class is $79, and I promise that you will have fun and learn to use your iPhone/iPad in ways that will liberate you!
What will you learn?
- How to automatically synchronize your email, contacts and calendars between your iPhones, iPads and computers.
- If you have more than one email address, how to send and receive email for all your email addresses from Gmail on all devices.
- How to use Google Calendar with reminders to you for appointments, birthdays and events.
- How to share social/work calendars with your spouse, family or friends.
- How to use Google Drive.
- Getting the most out of iCloud.
- How to find your iPhone or iPad if you lose or misplace it.
- How to LISTEN to text messages while driving.
- How to voice text – safely.
- How to use Siri and dictation on your iPhone/iPad.
- Apps that will save you time and how to use them.
- Apps that make your life easier!
What will you receive with your $79 tuition?
- Light continental breakfast
- Delicious buffet lunch including soups, salads and entrees
- Answers to your questions!
- Hands-on practice
- iTunes gift card for downloading apps
- Five-and-a-half hours of fun!
What else do you need to know?
- You will receive a confirmation email from me within 48 hours of your registration.
- You will have the option to pay by check or credit card.
- You will need a Gmail or Morris Broadband email address, even if you will mainly use a different email address. I will help you set up a Gmail address if you need one.
- There will be a little homework before you come to class. Don’t worry, it’s quick and easy. I’ll help you over the phone, if necessary!
- Cancellation with refund up to Friday, May 24, 2013, 5:00 pm. If you must cancel after that and I can’t fill your spot, I will schedule a private hour-and-a-half session with you at a future date and time. If you must cancel and I have someone on a waiting list to take your place, your tuition will be refunded.
- If you have an iPhone and iPad, bring both!
- If you have dietary restrictions, please email me as soon as possible to make arrangements.
If you have any questions about the class or what I will be teaching, please email me at email@example.com.