http://www.liberateyourtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/iPhone-5-screen-protector-lift1.png 504 892 Lynn Huffman http://www.liberateyourtime.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Larger-website-logo-e1428607795292.png Lynn Huffman2012-10-07 12:15:482015-05-04 16:33:39Getting Ready for a New iPhone 5 from an older iPhone
A few housekeeping reminders if you have a new iPhone 5 coming soon.
- Order a good case to protect your new phone immediately. Amazon.com is a an easy place to see lots of different options and user reviews.
- Order an extra screen protector.
Brand new screen protector and clean phone. It never stuck at the edge!
- If you’re switching from AT&T to Verizon start the process to unlock your old iPhone. It takes about 5 days. Here’s the link to request the unlock: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
- Get rid of useless apps on your old iPhone.
- Get rid of those same useless apps in your iTunes account.
- If your phone is showing that you have apps that need updating, update them now.
- Rearrange your apps and group them by most used and/or similarity.
- Clean up your contacts just because it’s a good time to do so.
- Delete photos from your camera roll that you don’t want anymore.
- Clean up docs from apps on your phone.
- Delete old notes.
- On old iPhone, touch Settings.
- Touch iCloud.
- Scroll down and touch Storage & Backup.
- Make certain iCloud Backup is ON.
- Touch Back Up Now. This will may take 30 or more minutes.
Next post will be about the initial set up of your new iPhone 5!