Apps are great, but once you have more than two screens of them on your iPhone, it can be frustrating to find one when you need to open it. I’m going to show you how to rearrange your apps and a neat trick for organizing them.
How to Rearrange your Apps
- Choose an app you’d like to move. Try to select one that isn’t on your first screen.
- Hold your finger on the app until it starts to wiggle.
- Move your finger and the app to the left or right side of your screen. The app will move to a different screen.
- You can select any wiggling app to move it either to a different screen or a different place on the same screen.
- Press the Home key when you are finished.
When the apps are wiggling, most apps have a black ‘X’ in the corner. (The ones that don’t have a black ‘X’ cannot be deleted.) Touch the ‘X’ to delete an app. The iPhone will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you touch the ‘X’ by mistake, just touch Cancel to keep the app.
A Well-Organized iPhone
Think about grouping your apps by their functionality. For instance, Facebook, Twitter, G+ and LinkedIn are all Social Media apps. The Camera and Photos apps are Photography apps. If you use Instagram, it could be grouped in Photography or Social Media, depending on your preference. Once you have at least one group of apps identified, do the following:
- Hold your finger on one of the identified apps until it wiggles.
- Drag it on top of one the other apps that will be in the same group.
- A new window will open with a suggested title for the group.
- If you want to change the title, touch the ‘x’ to delete the suggestion and type in a new title. Touch Done.
- When you are finished with the group title, press the Home key twice.
- Repeat to drag other apps into your new group.
- If you want to remove an app from a group, touch the group, hold your finger on the app and simply drag it out.
- Within each group, you can also rearrange the apps using the same touch/wiggle/drag technique.
You can organize your iPhone apps so well, that most, if not all, of your groups are on the first screen. No more swiping and searching!