I spend a lot of time researching and learning about new technology, new apps, new sites – you get the picture.
For a long time I’ve been wanting to share what I learn in an end-of-week roundup format. I think weekly may be too ambitious, but I’m going to try and at least share with you when I have enough new tips worth divulging.
I’m adding cute little cliparts to identify whether a tip is about saving time , saving money or just delightful . Some tips may have more than one of these qualities.
It always bugged me to click on a link from a Google search result and have the website open in the same window and basically lose all the other search results. I could return to the list of results by clicking on the back button, but it was irritating to me.
I must have been living under a rock because I just discovered that there is a setting in Chrome (if you use that browser) that will open a new window when you click on search results.
- Go to Google.com to get the search screen.
- Click on Settings in the bottom right corner and then Search Settings.
- Scroll down to Where results open and check “Open each selected result in a new browser window.”
- Click on Save.
This has to be set up before you send an email you want to stop!
- From your Gmail screen, click on the and then Settings.
- Click on Labs across the top.
- Scroll down to Undo Send and select Enable.
- Click on Save changes.
- When you send an email, you will briefly see a message like this at the top:
- Quickly click on Undo and your message will turn back into a Draft.
Eyereader is a $1.99 iPhone app that uses the camera to turn your iPhone’s screen into a lighted, adjustable magnifying reader.
Hallelujah! I don’t have to dig for my reading glasses in restaurants anymore! Search for it in the App store on your iPhone. More info is here.
Rapportive is a free add-on to Gmail (in Firefox, Safari or Chrome) that will show more information about the sender of an email in the right sidebar.
It’s a great way to quickly connect to a contact on LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+. Get more info at rapportive.com.