Think of all the Christmas lists Santa receives this time of year – on little scraps of paper, in letters and probably even some emails. It may be the same way your family shares their lists with you. There’s a much better solution, and you can get everyone started in just a few minutes.
Google Drive is a program and a place where you can create documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more and store them “in the cloud” for free. It’s a great Google product with many uses besides sharing Christmas lists, but what better way to get started playing with it!
- Log into your Google account (if you don’t have an account yet, instructions are here.)
- In the black menu bar at the top, click on Drive.
- On the left side, click on Create and then Document.
- A blank document will open.
- Click on the title Untitled Document.
- Type a new title in the pop-up box and click Done. Your change is automatically saved.
- Click on Share in the upper right corner.
- A box will display showing yourself as the owner and a place to enter contacts with whom you are sharing the list.
- For an individual’s Christmas list, enter the email info for that person.
- He or she must have a Gmail or at least a Google account.
- Leave Notify people via email checked.
- Click on Add message – and write a short explanation that they are to fill in their Christmas list.
- Click Share & save and you’re done!
Once the list is completed you can view it on your iPhone, iPad or computer. You can share it with other family members. Plus, I’ve trained my family to include links to any online sites to make my shopping really easy.